Thursday 22 November 2007

Introducing...

Today I thought I should introduce another face in my family...

This is Barney! Also known as Lickle Tiny One! Or that ******** dog...!

He is a Border Terrier, 15 months old! As I type, he is sitting on my lap looking with interest at me tapping the keys. He smells good. Particularly behind his so-soft ears. He never smells bad. Unlike some other dogs we could mention... Another post, another day.

We were going to call him Merry, seeing as we already have a Pippin, but he just suited Barney. Then I found out George W Bush had a dog called Barney. I try not to hold it against him, Barney that is...

He's quite a naughty dog and has pushed me to a limit previously unknown in dog owning. But then in the evening, when he's sitting on my lap, I can forgive him anything. I am grateful to him for teaching Pippin (a chocolate lab) to be a dog and not a human. They play-fight alot, but are firm friends. Barney is a chilly dog and can usually be found nose up to a radiator during the colder months. He shivers from his morning excursion to the garden. It's an excuse to knit him cute little dog jumpers.

Splodge would have loved him as he could have fitted on his lap.

1 comment:

  1. Barney is very cute indeed and his ears look very strokeable!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...