What was I doing ten years ago - 1998
10 years ago I was trying to come to terms with what had happened to my life. Tom had been in rehab. for 8 months following a catastrophic brain injury that had left him profoundly disabled the previous June. He was at The Children's Trust in Surrey, miles away from me at home and I was trying to juggle being with him and looking after No2, who was 20 months old. And being a wife. That bit got lost and their Dad and I separated 10 years ago this month too. I was living out of a bag, often in nurses accommodation and spending huge amounts of time on the M25. No2 was being hoicked around from pillar to post to whoever could look after him while I spent what days I could learning how to look after my child. Tom's medical needs were high and I was taught how to care for him again by a team of people to whom I will be forever grateful. I could reel off a list of Tom's 'problems' but maybe a meme isn't the right place. Tom remained in rehab. for 18 months, having been in hospital for 2 years altogether, before he came home again.
- Photograph my irises before they get ruined in this continual rain...
- Make a banana cake with the brown bananas lurking in my fridge (I know, I know, you shouldn't keep bananas in the fridge...)
- Get the ironing board out
- Take No2 to the dentist
- Finish hand-sewing the binding on Urban Garden Quilt
Snacks I enjoy
- Green and Black's Maya Gold...may have mentioned this before.
- Caramel flavour Snack-a-Jacks
- Maoam stripes (is that how you spell it?)
- Dried apricots (but have to be M&S's, they're nice and squidgy)
Sorry, ladies! Only if you fancy it!