Sunday 11 September 2011

Sunday stroll...

My plans changed unexpectedly today and so I took Pippin for a long walk along one of my favourite local footpaths.




I forgot to take my camera and so used my phone along the way to record it in photos.  Sometimes I get a bit nervous of walking through the footpaths on my own but thought there were bound to be other people out and about on a Sunday.  I was wrong... I didn't see a single person the whole way.


I love walking along this particular footpath and I really ought to try and do it more often.  I also need to change the setting on the phone not to change the 'film' by shaking the phone!  It was obviously uneven ground because when I got home and looked at my pictures, nearly all of them were taken on a different setting!




It doesn't have quite the same effect in black and white as it did in real life with the sun coming through the gaps in the hedgerow.





The sky was heavy with clouds and the wind was strong and head-clearing.  I'm so glad I made the effort.  It beats pounding the pavements and being tugged along by Pip on his lead.

As it turns out, my unexpected day at home was just what I needed.  Funny how that happens some times.

2 comments:

  1. They are lovely photos anyway - and Pippin is such a good name for a dog!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same annoying 'shake/random' feature on my phone!!!

    If you find out how to change it... please enlighten me...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...