Tuesday 12 February 2008

Life in Cold Blood...

Have you been watching the fantastic BBC series Life in Cold Blood? Anything with Sir David Attenborough presenting is worth watching in my eyes and I'm a very fussy television viewer.


Last weeks vision of a python swallowing a WHOLE deer had me mesmorized in an almost horrific stupor. The natural world is a constant source of enlightenment and fascination to me.


I'm rather partial to all things amphibian and this week's programme had me looking back over my holiday photos from last years trip to NYC. No2 and I visited The American Museum of Natural History where they had an extra exhibit - Frogs: A Chorus of Colors. It was fascinating to see these exotic and often tiny creatures. No2's highlight was to be able to do a virtual dissection, but then that's 10 year old boys for you!


Anyway, here are a few photos that we took...





I'm looking forward to the episode featuring sea turtles, another favourite thing of mine...

3 comments:

  1. Wow - wonderful pictures of frogs. I hardly watch any tv anymore - I think it's a reaction to HWNLR moving out - he used to watch it constantly and now my inner pendulum has swung the other way and it's hardly on. I must start switching on again. Thanks for the tip. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've managed to miss virtually all of the series so far - but I have to admit to being a bit wimpy about lizards and reptilian beasties. Ick.

    Your frog pictures are lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate frogs. Even pretty ones. It's the way the damn things hop TOWARDS you. Eeek. I'm not such a girlie about most things, but they give me the creeps.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...