- I have enjoyed the precision of the cutting out.
- I overcame my fear of 'random' (I'm an orderly sort of gal) deciding which fabric ought to sit with which fabric.
- Ivy*, my sewing machine came out of retirement to sew all my patches together.
- I have had to exercise an awful lot of patience waiting for my backing fabric to arrive from Glorious Color
- I have relaxed completely while whiling away the hours hand-sewing the layers together, taking advantage of being snuggle under a quilt-in-waiting.
And today, I have neared completion of My First Quilt. The binding is machined on and I am now ready to handsew the back of it.
I'm off to prepare a drum roll for the finished article tomorrow...
*so named, many years ago after Ivy Tilsley of Coronation Street fame, forever at her sewing machine in Mike Baldwin's factory!