Thursday 4 August 2011

FWQAL week10...

My first block this week was chosen just because I wanted to carry on using my very skinny (1 ½") honeybun roll strips.  Each strip doesn't yield much, so mistakes are going to be unforgiving.  I'm pleased with the way this one matches its points and corners up.







The second block I chose was a real brain teaser.  I checked out the errata page and couldn't find any comment about it, but the block assembly directions just weren't making sense to me for its construction. Maybe I was missing something.




In the end, I had to fudge it together by sewing the little seam on the end of the long strip by folding the already pieced part over and then sewing on the corner triangles.  Probably not the right way, but other than a couple of hardly-noticeable tucks on the corners, I think I've got away with it.





I also wish I'd placed the middle fours tiny squares differently.  Never mind.  No matter, I like this block anyway.


5 comments:

  1. Your block by block quilt reveal puts me in mind of Rolf Harris 'can you tell what it is yet?'. Looking forward to seeing the whole thing and watching the magic come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great, but I have to admit the garden path one looks very complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of your quilting skills!

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks very lovely - but I agree scarily complicated. I am trying to stick to the simple ones to start with!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like the way your block turned out, and the 4 little middle squares actually guide your eye diagonally following the same pattern, it really is quite lovely, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...