Thoughts from the christening:
- I found this picture on Pinterest the night before the christening so I got up at 5am on the morning of it to replicate it for my Godchildren. (They love me calling them that!) I decided to find some photos of them when they were much younger rather than how they are now. I think they were pleased.
- The food was just the right amount and hugely appreciated by everybody. Phew. Fancy trying a new quiche/flan? This one was delicious.
- It wasn't so appreciated when three people shrieked in unison "eek, there's a rat". Ooops. The downside of having the chicken coop near the deck.
- On the subject of chickens, I lost my two lovely new girls to a fox last week. I'm trying not to feel guilty as I loved the fact that they free-ranged around my garden. Flossie is lonely and has been following Pip or me around like a lost sheep. I will get a couple more once I am back from my summer holiday. I'm not enjoying buying eggs for the first time in nearly four years.
- I took my youngest nephew and niece to Kew last week. It was far from the sedate stroll around that I am used to. I hardly took any photographs either as someone commandeered my camera.
- I took them up on the Rhizotron and Xstrata Treetop Walkway. They ran round several times while I clung to the rail, not enjoying the height and the wobbliness. It was good to get a different perspective though.
- Looking back up was fun too.
- As was playing on logs.
- to making a quilt each for the boys for their christening presents. I had to give them an IOU as it was all a bit last minute. I'm loving the joys of chain-piecing.
- To tasting the first ripe tomatoes from the garden. Warm from the sun, together with perhaps some mozzarella and avocado.
- And a holiday in the sun sometime soon and hopefully balmy days of August for the rest of the summer holidays.
What are you looking forward to?