Saturday 12 November 2011

A Christening Quilt Part II...

It's been a busy sewing week and I am feeling very pleased with myself that I can now give both my nephews their christening gifts. This is my version of the Wonky Roman Stripe quilt from this book.

For the first time, I roped No2 into being my assistant to get a photo of the finished quilt. There was a modest bit of moaning but nothing more than I am used to!






I decided to use some of the fabrics I had left over to make a bold striped back. I've always held onto my fabric stash so preciously but now I am beginning to want to use more of it on the backs of my quilts. Of course, this makes way for new and exciting fabrics. Like this for example.




I machine quilted it and added a bit of detail on the neutral triangles that I really like, especially where it overlaps on to the tip of the stripy triangles.




For the binding, I used the same as Sonny's quilt only in orange, which I think frames it very nicely indeed!




The boys have also got a cushion each which I made out of the scraps and leftovers. Watch this space for a separate post soon.

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. gosh Tracey, you're so productive!!

    This is another beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Monica - you get SO much done. It's a wonderfully masculine quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think this is my favorite quilt yet! And I love the fabric on the back.

    Definitely must make room for some Echo in the stash :)

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt and I adore that orange binding, I agree it frames it so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you do it! Gorgeous quilt again and looking as good from the back as the front! You really have some very lucky nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours work really well together - it makes for a stunning quilt!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours in your quilt - they are so down-to-earth, but still bright and cheery. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The materials are just gorgeous - I love the contrast binding. I bet they are loved for a life time. I'm having a little festive tutorial and giveaway tomorrow and really hope you will be able to join in.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...