It's been a busy sewing week and I am feeling very pleased with myself that I can now give both my nephews their christening gifts. This is my version of the Wonky Roman Stripe quilt from this book.
For the first time, I roped No2 into being my assistant to get a photo of the finished quilt. There was a modest bit of moaning but nothing more than I am used to!
I decided to use some of the fabrics I had left over to make a bold striped back. I've always held onto my fabric stash so preciously but now I am beginning to want to use more of it on the backs of my quilts. Of course, this makes way for new and exciting fabrics. Like this for example.
I machine quilted it and added a bit of detail on the neutral triangles that I really like, especially where it overlaps on to the tip of the stripy triangles.
For the binding, I used the same as Sonny's quilt only in orange, which I think frames it very nicely indeed!
The boys have also got a cushion each which I made out of the scraps and leftovers. Watch this space for a separate post soon.
Have a great weekend!