Sunday 20 November 2011

In pictures...



A misty start to the morning but I am feeling in need of fresh air so I head outdoors.





I am joined by the hens, who now follow me around as soon as I step outside the back door.





The rake and my new leaf-grabbers, plus a fair few black sacks, are my companions for a bracing clearing up of fallen leaves.  I always make leaf compost and next year I am going to use it for this.




It feels like a thankless task when I have a tree that is still positively laden with yellow leaves.




The heavy dew looked dramatic on the dark green leaves on my bear's breeches.








Which is surprising me with a late flush of flowers.




Whereas my hellebore has one early flower.




And the muscari I planted just a few short weeks ago are starting to green up my pots.





My greenhouse is looking promising too. I'm feeling a bit nervous about planting out these seedlings now that the weather is getting decidedly cooler but maybe I should just bite the bullet and see what happens. If they don't survive, I can always sow more in the spring.




And look what has happened indoors! One of my amaryllis has flowered four weeks early! I planted them carefully so that I might have flowers on Christmas day!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, thank you for the hellebore and amaryllis treats!

    Just brought in my Christmas cactus; I wonder if it will thank me by blooming, or if I let it get too cold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post full of garden goodness. I love the way chooks follow you as soon as you step outside. I love them.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you've been so productive in the garden! And wasn't the mist amazing on Sunday? It hung over the field behind the apartment all day.

    K X

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...