Saturday 25 September 2010

Autumn...

Kristina and I visited Kew again yesterday.  It has been a constant source of changing wonders through the seasons so far this year.  We managed to dodge the rain, but somehow the raindrops enhanced the autumnal feel, particularly the way they nestled on the autumn-flowering crocus.



They looked especially good against the background of dark, damp soil.




The colour was predominantly green around the gardens...




...with accents of brightly coloured berries on the hollies and sorbus'.




Now it really does feel like the season has changed.  There is a definite chill in the air and I am wearing socks!






8 comments:

  1. I've never been to Kew... I'd love to go....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, lovely. And as for the chill, I am seriously contemplating casting on gloves tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Kew posts. If I lived nearer I would visit on a regular basis. I bet it was a good day for being inside one of the hot houses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Socks, yup. Never mind turning leaves - they are the true harbingers of Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad we braved the weather! And your pictures are simply spectacular.

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to doing it again next month. Do you think there'll be pumpkins?!

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet chestnuts!! Ooh how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photographs are really beautiful. I'm inspired to make some time to get over to Kew.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...