Hmmm, so typically, this morning it is raining and my garden plans have been temporarily (I hope) thwarted. Strangely, No2 has yet to emerge from his bedroom too. Funny that, when I mentioned that we'd make a start today...
I always use these really cheap (£2.59!) duvets from Ikea for his bed. They last a couple of washes and I don't mind throwing them away when they are too dog-eared. (Sorry!) To make his new cushion really comfy, this time I splashed out and used two together. The convenient thing is that if you fold them into four, they fit perfectly in his basket. I tied them together using some embroidery thread so they keep their shape as he does like a fidget about.
As I had a couple of hours to kill, I thought he might like to know that his new cushion was, indeed, his. Of course, he can read! I raided my scrap drawer and used some bondaweb to cut out his name.
I then used a narrow zigzag stitch to complete the applique.
I used the same stitch to make the Oxford-style edge to the cover and lazily kept the lime green thread in the machine!
Now he knows his place and it is making everyone smile when they notice it.
Look at him, all soppy. He is a ridiculous dog! He takes that toy everywhere with him.
Ah, well... I think it may have stopped raining...