There is nothing like a project gone wrong to make me get my teeth into another project. It sits in the other room, taunting me, but I justify the thoughts in my head by making false priorities. In this case, my last Babette cushion was the lucky winner of my time and affection! I even had some company while I was mastering my avoidance tactics.
For the back of this one I decided to use all the leftover yarn up and just go with it, changing colour wherever it ended rather than making uniform stripes. The wide stripes were made from whole balls that I had left.
Even if that piece of yarn only yielded 3 or 4 stitches, I embraced it!
I put my button fastening at the bottom this time so as not to detract from the randomness of the back.
So here it is. I really like this one - it's brighter than the other one. Or so it seems, maybe that zingy red block at the top right makes it appear brighter.
My sofa is well on its way to being permanently brightened up. It looks very enticing on a wet, grey day and so I think I may well spend a fair bit of time on it today. Of course, by just sitting here writing this post I am procrastinating about writing about what I really ought to be working on today. And Blogger has been exceptionally slow in uploading my photos...
I do love this pattern and who knows, one day I may get to find a suitable yarn to make a blanket. Probably should think about finishing this one first though...