Monday 31 January 2011

Photo Scavenger Hunt 2011 – January …

Last year, I gave a really good go at project365, but I do have to admit that there were quite a few days when I would be snapping indiscriminately at anything late in the evening just to get that days’ photo taken.

This year I am slowing things down a little and going for this wonderful Photo Scavenger Hunt.  Twelve photos a month seems much more manageable and it has been fun looking for the subjects.  I also made the decision to use the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone for this series of photos as I don’t go anywhere without my phone and therefore if I saw any one of the subjects on my travels, I could photograph it immediately.  I also really like the continuity that this style of photo brings to the set.

So here are my offerings:

:: a goldfish ::

possibly not the kind of goldfish expected to be ticked off, but a cute card spotted in Paperchase!

 

January - a goldfish

 

:: a library ::

 

January - library

 

:: a reflective surface (not a mirror) ::

how about the kettle, as I wait for my morning coffee?

 

January - reflection

 

:: a tombstone over 100 years old ::

 

January - tombstone

 

:: an abandoned building ::

 

January - an abandoned building

 

:: bubbles ::

from the kitchen tap

 

January - bubbles

 

:: nature ::

doing what she does best

 

January - nature

 

:: playground equipment ::

left to its own devices in the cold winter months

 

January - playground equipment

 

:: something out of place ::

to me, litter is always out of place

 

January - something out of place

 

:: stained glass ::

hanging in my kitchen window

 

January - stained glass

 

:: yarn ::

no shortage of that round these parts!

 

January - yarn

 

:: your front door ::

 

January - my front door

 

Click on the link on the right sidebar to see who else is playing along or check out the Flickr group.

12 comments:

  1. really lovely! and wow your kettle is shiny! we can see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun thing - is there a new set of clues each month? May have to play in Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are great and I like that one of you in the kettle. :) I had to draw a goldfish, so I think I stretched that one a bit too.
    Have a great day,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, they're all so beautiful. I love the hipstamatic effect too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular. Love the kettle one!

    Is it to late to join for February?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gawd. That would be "too" late.

    How humiliating...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these snapshots from peoples lives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics - love your goldfish. I 'cheated' on that one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you joined too..it was fun even if l didn't finish it all.xxmy blog is http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.com
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  10. You found them all! Wonder if there'll be a February one?

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these are great - I like close up shots must try more for February !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why the hell do people have to drop litter. It baffles me. The stained glass is lovely. Blue and pink go so nicely together. What a lovely front door you have. x

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...