Sunday 30 September 2007

A Good Day...

Guess what's behind this fence?


The thing I have been coveting for the last few years...

Today I became the new allotmenteer on the block! These 2 plots are now my new baby. My back is groaning at the thought of all that digging! The fence, by the way, is the bottom left-hand side of my garden, so how convenient is it going to be to be able to pick my own fresh vegetables next year? Well, the answer to that is slightly less convenient than the ones I've picked this year because they are in my garden... but in very small quantities! Onwards and upwards!

This is my vegetable garden at the moment...


It's been great and it means that I can concentrate on the more delicate crops to grow in the garden and let the allotment deal with the ones that take up loads of space and minimum maintenance.

I've spent the afternoon planting bulbs for spring - mainly tulips...I love tulips. I planted Jan Reus and Angelique together with some primrose wallflowers and Rosy Sunset pansies. Then I did a bed of a mixture of 4 red and shades of red, including Parrot Rococo and Carnival de Nice. And finally, some barrels of Ballerina and Purissima with some narcissi Pheasant's Eye for good measure. It will be a sight to behold next year!



2 comments:

  1. Lucky you! I am prone to allotment fantasies, but so far they have always been beaten by sad practicalities. Now if they were at the end of my garden...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a part share in an allotment and it's nearly pumpkin time ...

    I'm feeling a bit guily about how many bulbs I have sitting in bags waiting to be planted though.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...