I have a busy week ahead of me this week. I am working on Ali's project and as much as I'd love to show and tell what I've been doing on the crafting front, I really don't want to give too much away and spoil the surprise for my partner. Also, my parents are moving house on Friday. Tomorrow the removal company starts to pack away 32 years of family life into storage for a bit while they renovate (or, at least, put central heating in!) their new house. I will have lodgers!
Anyway, back to today. So far I have:
- Ordered the binding for both the boy's quilts from here. I decided it would be nice if the binding was the same on both to link them in together.
- Spotted some Katie Jump Rope, also here, to go with the next quilt I'm making. It fell into my basket, I tell you.
- Then I had to have this little bundle. Had to.
- I had a browse round Flickr looking for inspiration to make a denim quilt from old jeans. Found quite a few...
- Had previously mentioned mum round to give first sewing lesson. She came armed with a bag of old pairs of jeans and left with instructions how to cut them into workable sized pieces of fabric without losing the interesting bits such as pockets and double stitching, ready to get quilt-making.
- Spent the rest of the afternoon working on afore-mentioned project. Just one little tiny peek, ok?