Wednesday 30 January 2008

Another angel finds its wings...

Today I am overwhelmed with sadness. Last night I learnt that one of Tom's schoolfriends passed away. Jake was 11, the same age as No.2.

When you have a child with such profound disability, you have friends who live the same life as yourself through their children. I am lucky to have made lots of friends in the mums of Tom's classmates. Jake and Tom used to do a music therapy group together that included their Mum's, so my heart is aching for Jake's Mum today...

I only hope that I will find the right words to comfort her and her family at this time and welcome them into this exclusive club where living with a broken heart is the only way forward. Please think of them today...

9 comments:

  1. Love to you, too. Reminders are never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake's family are in my thoughts and prayers. As are you and your family. I'm sure it'll bring back memories - take care of yourself. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They and you are in my thoughts..best wishes xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of them. And you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry for your loss...Thinking you all and sending great big hugs and love. May you all be comforted by the love surrounding you ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you, and wishing you strength........ take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of them - and of you. So terribly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Dragonfly, so sorry.

    It's my first visit to your lovely blog and it's taken me a while of looking through your archives to come to reading about your own son. I am leaving tear-stained, but with so much admiration for how you have managed to live through this finding solace in your creativity. I'm sure that you will be a great comfort to Jake's mum - thinking of you both. x

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving me a comment, I really enjoy reading them and I will try to reply if I can find an email address for you...